Welcome to My Site
- Visual Artist, Professional Writer, and Media Expert
- Scholar in ancient Mesopotamian History, Iraqi Minorities, and Ethno-religious groups in Iraq and the Middle East
- Master's Degree Candidate, M.F.A.
- Studied visual art academically at the Free Studio UT 1975-1978
- Continued academically researching the Mesopotamian History at the Iraqi Museum, Cuneiform Laboratory 1978-1979 and practicing Visual Arts at College of Fine Arts / painting 1979-1983
- High Center of Fine Arts and Heritage/ Major in Mesopotamian Arts and History 1979-1981
- He has also majored in Aeronautic Engineering, University of Technology 1978
- Many collective art exhibitions in homeland and abroad since 1978
- Five Solo Shows (Iraq and abroad): Hard Times-1981, Home of Madness-1985, The Chamber-1992, Looking for Another Paradise-1994, Layla … An Iraqi Candle in the Night-2007
- Two-man Exhibit (Siege) with Burhan Saleh Kirkukly, at Baghdad Museum of Contemporary Arts (Haifa Street) – 1992.
- Mural Paintings & Glass Art works, Sacred Heart Church, Detroit-Michigan 2000!!!
- Designer of many well-known Emblems, Logos, and Flags: The National Chaldean Flag 1985-1999 (www.chaldeanflag.com) and the National Iraqi Flag 1985-2004 (See main-page: Links).
- Member and Founder of the (Horizon) Art Group (Baghdad); wrote the Founding Manifest (Follow Your Dream) 1985
- Founder of Mesopotamia Art, History, & Beyond (Art Gallery & Learning Studio) 2005
- Founder of the Babylon Museum of Art & History, Metro-Detroit, Michigan 2006
- Co-Founder of Iraqi Artists Association IAA (Visual Artists, Writers, Composers, & Film Makers), Director of Art & History 2007 www.iraqiartists.org
- Supervised: Iraqi Artists’ Show, US Embassy Baghdad, 2009, Iraqi Cultural Day, Troy Public Library 2008. Iraqi Cultural Week, Madonna University 2008. (Enduring Spirit) Art Exhibition at the Museum of New Art, Pontiac, MI. (The Many Colors of Iraq 2007) Art Exhibition in Michigan. (The Contemporary Iraqi Arts Exhibition 2007) at the Katzen Museum in Washington, D.C., (the Iraq That We Know Best 2006) at the Mesopotamia Art Gallery in Michigan, (Iraqi Eyes 1999) Art Exhibition at Dimension Art Gallery in Metro-Detroit, the Humanitarian Art Exhibition in Jordan 1994, and the Annual Exhibit of (The Contemporary Iraqi Art 1993) in Jordan, etc.
- Featured Artist (MultiCultural Review’s cover and inside), see links.
Featured among ten other International Artists (World Literature Today, Voices Against Darkness), see links.
- Member of many professional associations and societies, among them: Iraqi Artists Association IAA 2007, ArtServe Michigan, MACAA 2002/USA, the International Association of Professional Artists (iaa) UNESCO- Paris 1986, and the Iraqi Visual Artists Society 1978.
- 2005 - Present Senior Art Director at Mesopotamia... Art, History & Beyond Inc. www.mesopotamiaartgallery.com